8 Week MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction) starting in January 2020
Fiona Phelan (MSc in Mindfulness UCD) will host an 8 Week MSBR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction) programme starting January 6th 2020. This course was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre in 1979. There is a fee of €100 (less than half the usual fee for the MBSR programme) for printing, room booking and insurance costs.
Programme consists of 8 weekly classes of 2.5 hours, each Monday from 7.00 to 9.30pm at the Blackrock, Education Centre as well as a full day retreat on Saturday 15th of February 2020.
- Monday classes: January 6th ,13th , 20rd , 27th February 8th, 10th, 17th , 24 th .
- Full day retreat: Saturday 15th of February from 10 to 4.30
- 15 places available – complete application form to apply
- Orientation meeting with applicants by phone will be part of the selection process to ensure this programme is suitable for applicants.
- Participants will need to bring a Yoga matt and blanket
Extensive research has shown that developing a mindfulness meditation practice has a significant positive effect on:
- •developing greater self awareness
- •increasing ability to manage stress
- •physical and psychological health
- •reducing anxiety and depression
- •reducing tension, anger and fatigue
- •enhancing relationships
- •increasing vitality
- •aiding better sleep
- •developing stronger immunity
Mindfulness helps us to be more present with whatever is going on for us, and thus creates the space to make wiser decisions about how to proceed.
Mobile: 087 6288126