SEMINAR DAY 3
Participants will revise the concept of physical literacy, paying particular attention to the locomotor and stability skills explored in seminars 1 and 2. Seminar 3 will focus on manipulative skills, through the Games strand of the curriculum. The wide range of activities, supplementary support materials and templates for planning and assessment that are presented in the PDST comprehensive resource and online at, will also be explored on the day.
The purpose of the seminar is to
● demonstrate the PDST’s Move Well, Move Often Physical Literacy resource pack through active participation
● upskill participants in using Fundamental Movement Skills as a lens for developing Physical Literacy through the PE curriculum
● enable participants to support other teachers in their school using the PDST Physical Literacy resource pack
Attendees will need to be suitably dressed to participate in activities.
The venue for these courses is Kill O' The Grange N.S. Deansgrange, on 21st and 28th March and 4th April, 9:30 to 3:30 - click here for bookings
Litearthacht Fhisiciúil trí Bhunscileanna Gluaiseachta - Seimineár 3 (EARRACH 2019): 11/4/19 (09:30 - 15:30) - click here for bookings
Just some points to note re the seminars:
- Two teachers per school are invited to attend this seminar.
- It is not necessary to have attended Seminar 1 and Seminar 2 in order to attend Seminar 3
- The Department of Education and Skills will provide substitute cover where required.